Infinity Mirror
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Imagination

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Huh. Alright.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:16 pm

infinity mirror. Nice.

Well, let's start with what we have.

Warp creature layering the world. Our "Matrix" Is a training program to control the excess energy the creature excretes.

What we don't have, is the specifics. what exactly is the problem? how admin intensive is this going to be? Do we just let the RPer's go crazy for a while, and build up things to a point to where it will run on it's own until we're ready to initiate the pullout portion.

Of course, as I mentioned, a key indicator of when to pull them out would be when they start distorting reality around themselves like the creature does.

But what are the goals after they're brought out? have you read psyren?
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:53 pm

Ohh, lets not forget that the people were abducted too. Basically, they live in the modern world, and then they are put into the matrix, and then they are thrust into a dark age world.

Personally, I think that would be a perfect setting to develop supernatural abilities. Actually, during something similar to the witch trials would be even more fun. Except the prosecution wouldn't be by people. It'd be by a darkforce of the night! Mwuahaha... Nah, that's what they did in the Euphoric RP with all the chimeras and what not. God, i loved that RP.
Back to top Go down
Ain Soph
VoidReaper
Ain Soph

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:11 pm

psyren?

we can have some kind of dark force in the 'dark age' matrix.

If the matrix is there to control the excess energy from the creature, should we 'encourage' them to use their 'skills' ? Maybe create some kind of distortion in their 'world' that reflects/resembles futuristic tech, like backdoors to a program? Maybe using different 'skills' allows them to find certain 'relics' (What we can call the distortions if we use them). The relics can be simple things like a stone, necklace, sword, etc. It would increase their 'skills' a little if they find one since the 'relics' have a closer connection with the system.

We can use the idea of the gentleman and the child(admin and security system) to keep their attention away from what is really going on, kinda making them the 'bad guys' in a way. The two can be searching for the 'relics' in order to lock them completely.

Or we could just infect them with a virus later on to spice things up ^_^ Forcing the program to glitch here and there, (the two go mental and start killing?)

There are alot of things we can do with this plot
Back to top Go down
https://infinitymirror.forumotion.com

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:37 pm

Hmm... Fine things.

I would rather not infect the players with anything. Takes away their character sovereignty.

That sounds like a perfect plan. Almost sounds like .hack I think.

Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Ain Soph
VoidReaper
Ain Soph

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:52 pm

i didnt mean infect the players just the gentleman and the child.

does seem like .hack a bit, but when the 'real' world is discovered, we can let everyone use their powers there too.
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Mmhm.

So what are the abilities going to be exactly?

I mean, we have the reality shifts like from infinity. Or, we could just have the 4 cardinal elements.

Back to top Go down
Ain Soph
VoidReaper
Ain Soph

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:15 pm

we can stick with the basic 4 for now, as the rp progresses, we can distort/change them into other things
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:25 pm

Peh, that sounds like a lot of work.

So.. we've got the basics hammered out I suppose.

Who, our rpers.
What, Matrix
Where, ?
When, mid evil setting kidnapped from modern world with full memories?
Why, training program.

We need to come up with the setting now I suppose.

We're gonna need something for each element I propose. Of course, a beach or lake, a forest, and a volcano. Or something to that effect.

What are the cities or towns like? Are they going to be dinky little villages? Or are they going to be a once grand city turning into ruins?
Back to top Go down
Ain Soph
VoidReaper
Ain Soph

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:56 am

Distorting the elements wont be too hard with our roleplayers, just give them a name for the new 'element/skill' and watch the fun.

Guess we can do areas for each element, or at least have a 'base' for them, but i kinda want them to be different from the usual places; like an underground lake, etc.

As for the cities and towns, when can make some of them 'grand', allowing the possibility for the rpers to destroy them, gives them another aspect to build their characters around.
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:34 am

Are you up to that? That is quite a large amount of Admin work.

All those are fine concepts though, and I'd love to take part in them. How long do you think it would take to get all those forums, categories, pictures, area descriptions, and the like up?

And as a part of the first arc, I feel a dice system would be freaking awesome. Since they are just getting their powers, and it is unstable, have them role how powerful it will be in that thread. I think that will add to the RPing experience. It'll show their capability as an RPer. We just have to ensure that they know that it is only temporary.
Back to top Go down
Ain Soph
VoidReaper
Ain Soph

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:00 pm

it shouldnt take too long to get the basics up, finding the right pictures might be the most time consuming part, it you find any interesting ones, feel free to link them.

As for the dice system, ill start it up, any specific things you want on it? Like personal images, i might be able to find pictures for the different strengths, or should it just be basic rolls?
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Well, how many areas are we going to have? I assume since this is mid-evil, that's our goal for pics.

As for the dice thing, uhh, was the group ever into Digimon? -Has a stupid idea-
Back to top Go down
Ain Soph
VoidReaper
Ain Soph

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:38 am

I think 4 main areas, with a couple of others scattered around (2 or 3, maybe 4).

Digimon? O.o
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Well... The whole using didimon at all might give the plot away, but it was just a fleeting idea.

https://webspace.utexas.edu/whiteatl/www/Spicebrush/events/070503_China/04guilin/DSC09428_6_7%20(Custom).jpg - underground lake.

What else? A castle?
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:25 pm

This site has some really nice castles. I like the first 1.

http://forcg.com/articles/inspiration/35-stunning-fantasy-castle-artworks/
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:28 pm

A cool forest? that's actually a real place... lol...

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs32/i/2008/191/0/4/Loki__s_Forest_by_lucias_tears.jpg

England.
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Ohh, and to answer your question when I mentioned Psyren, it's manga. I'm sure it's an anime by now, but I'm not sure. But it's really good, only thing is, it's more for the psyker aspect of things.
Back to top Go down
Ain Soph
VoidReaper
Ain Soph

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:35 pm

ill check out the manga

might use a couple of those pictures, some are pretty cool.

so, i have all the pictures i need, now i just need to think of some names, are we going all 'old style' with names (Darkmoon/Shining Vale) or are we gonna use ones that sound realisitic (Alcadia/Doraat/Gebura)?
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Realistic.

Arcadia would be nice >..> But if I remember, that one is used to often. Should we correlate it to King Arthur or something? We did Norse already, with TbSL.
Back to top Go down
Ain Soph
VoidReaper
Ain Soph

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:02 pm

We could put a little 'king arthur' in here

I've put together a list of place names, pick a couple you like

Aberria
Aramis
Alcadia
Arcadia
Ashim
Baticul
Belkend
Binah
Chesed
D'aath
Doraat
Falena
Feres
Gebura
Hod
Lanvalder
Legad
Lunas
Sable
Qadesh
Sheridan
Yetzirah
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:42 pm

Lunas, Arcadia, Sheridan, D'aath.
Back to top Go down
Ain Soph
VoidReaper
Ain Soph

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:12 pm

alright, i'll use those for the 4 main elemental areas, using the other names for sub-areas.

I was thinking, are we going to put specific characters into the rp for them to fight? (Not the gentleman/child) Kinda like 'boss characters', if they can kill them, the more magic is available to them. I dunno, i just dont want it too boring for anyone. And to make this work I can put up a HP bar (of sorts) for everyone. Example: Character 1 has a bar saying 5/5, this means this char. can survive 5 fatal wounds (someone rolling a 10) before they die.

Also, how do we want to do the dice roll? Have everything under 1? Or split it between 2 dice, one normal and one magic? On second thought, that might be a bit much....
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Are we sure we want that kind of dice system? People really don't like it much. But I do understand that it would be more effective against a boss. Hmm.... Use the dice system against NPC's, and the RP fight system against PCs?
Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 11:17 pm

Oh, and using the magic system I suggested would be pretty cool. Nih had hers set up pretty nicely.

Remember at the beginning, I suggested that in the first arc of the story line that they roll randomly to see how powerful their magic is for that thread/scene?

I guess a d10 system would be fine. Just come up with a spare die to do what I said, and also, come up with another die to deal damage. Maybe a 3 or 4 sider would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Ain Soph
VoidReaper
Ain Soph

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:42 pm

We can add the fatal wound thing to the char. later on in the rp, if/when they find themselves back in the real world.

Is everyone just going to be immortal or something in this part? Or are we counting something as a 'killshot'?

Dice so far:

Magic Power
Attack

Attack will be the 1-10 and Power 1-4?

I can already see people not staying within the power limits of this....

I've been working on a sort of 'summon' magic option, a random 1-100 die, some results kill chars, change weather, destroy cities, trigger bosses, some even kill their summoners; there is also a chance to fail at the summon too.

How 'bout instead of having them roll for power, we base it off post count. Ya, I know it might not seem fair if some people are more active than others, but I can add in an extra summon or something that increases power. I can use the points system as the 'exp' and create a bar showing his/her strength.

We can also have them role once when they create a char to see what strength they start with. Worrying about a Power Dice System every thread/scene is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Huh. Alright. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huh. Alright.   Huh. Alright. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huh. Alright.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinity Mirror :: Grand Design :: Suggestions/Plots/Whatever-
Jump to: